There are many degenerative diseases in which stem cell therapy has emerged as a breakthrough. This therapy uses stem cells for curing the diseases like spinal cord injury, Muscular dystrophy, retinitis pigmentosa, cerebral palsy, autism, kidney failure, diabetes, osteoarthritis, and liver problems. An ongoing research in this field is opening more avenues for better regenerative treatments for these medical conditions. Due to developments made in this technique, you can find the best stem cell therapy in India done by the experts. Here’s everything that you should know about it.
What Are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are the unspecified group of cells that can self-proliferate, migrate, and differentiate. They can be processed to generate more specialized cells. Also, they can differentiate into any specific type of cell and help in self-repair of the body. Whenever an illness or critical injury happens, stem cells respond to some specific signals and differentiate into specific cells for repairing the body. They can stay replenished for a longer duration through cell division.
What Are the Types of Stem Cells?
There are four main types of stem cells. They are specialized on the basis of their differentiation abilities
- Pluripotent stem cells that can form 200 types of cells in the body.
- Unipotent Stem Cells can renew and generate a single type of mature cell.
- Multipotent Stem Cells having a limited ability to differentiate.
- Totipotent Stem Cells where a single cell is capable of forming the complete organism.
What Does Stem Cell Treatment Entail?
It is the regenerative therapy that helps in promoting the reparative response of injured cells by using processed stem cells. The stem cells are grown in the labs and manipulated to differentiate into specific types of cells for healing purposes. These manipulated stem cells are injected into the patient’s body for repairing the injured, dysfunctional, or diseased tissues. The research is still in the progress for finding the best stem cell therapy in India. The therapies are divided into Autologous therapy using cells generated from the same patient and Allogenic Stem Cells using donated stem cells.
Autologous Stem Cell Therapy:
These include the treatments like:
- Bone marrow-derived stem cells concentrate can specialize into multiple lineages after their transplantation.
- Cultured bone marrow stem cells treatment uses Mesenchymal Stem Cells MSC that can differentiate into millions.
- Autologous Cartilage Implantation for curing cartilage defects
- Cultured Limbal Stem Cells for curing corneal damage caused by thermal and chemical injury.
Allogenic Stem Cells Treatment:
- Cord Blood-Derived Hematopoietic Stem Cells used for blood-related disease like leukaemia.
- Cord Tissue-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells offer better regenerative capacity and it works similar to bone marrow-derived MSCs.
These are the main points that help in explaining the concept and effectiveness of stem cell treatment.