There is no cure for Muscular Dystrophy but stem cell therapy mainly focuses on the inflammatory response in Muscular Dystrophy as a target for mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) therapy. In contrast to other cell based therapies attempted in DMD, Mesenchymal Stem Cells have the advantages to treat Muscular Dystrophy:-
a) ability to fuse with and genetically complement dystrophic muscle to regenerate and repair the dystrophic muscle
b) produce anti-inflammatory activities to stop the inflammation in MD
c) produce trophic factors that may augment activity of endogenous repair cells.
Exact protocol is based after evaluation of complete case study
1. We refer to transplant autologous bone marrow derived stem cell concentrate (BMSCs) via intravitreous and retrobulbar
2. "BONE MARROW-DERIVED STEM CELLS CONCENTRATE (BMSCS)" provide a rich growth factor environment that may enhance the new blood vessel formation and contains all types of regenerative cells including:-
Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs):- MSCs which differentiate into many types of cells such as Neuron, bone, cartilage, muscle and so more and also provide immune regulatory property.
Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs):- HSCs which differentiate into all types of blood cells and also provide enhance environment for MSCs activation.
Endothelial Stem Cells (ESCs):- ESCs which differentiate into all types of blood vessels.
1. To modulate the regeneration process
2. Recruit bone marrow progenitor cells to loci of injury
3. Provides adhesion site for stem cells
4. Platelets fibrin provides migration highway at the site of injury
2. We also transplant cultured mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) isolated from bone marrow or cord tissue after evaluation of complete case study because MSCs is the multipotent cells which is able to differentiate into neuron cells and also provide new cells for the repair and remodeling of damaged tissues in the brain.
3. We provide 3-4 different doses of stem cells at some specific interval to make the treatment better for optic nerve damage treatment.
4. We also start stem cell supplement (Stem-Kine) during and after stem cell transplantation to get better improvement.
Rehabilitation is the part of stem cell therapy. Muscular Dystrophy patients should have some kind of rehabilitation to help maximize their potential and to help teach techniques which make everyday life easier. Rehabilitation including physiotherapy provides enhanced environment to make stem cell more functional by helping the cell migrating and proliferation fast.
Physical therapy may improve your ability to perform daily activities and make you feel better.
Occupational therapy may help you perform daily activities more easily-especially those involving your hands and arms, such as grooming, dressing, and eating. Assistive devices may be used to help you perform daily tasks.